The Canadian Pork Council is looking for a full time, permanent Communications Manager.
Please click here to see the job posting.
The communications manager is responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of communication activities in support of the Council’s initiatives.
- Preparing key communications material for both internal and external audiences.
- Collaborating with multiple government and industry partners in developing and implementing communication plans for industry initiatives as well as crisis communications plans.
- Producing and uploading content to websites and social media channels.
- Reviewing, editing, and formatting corporate documents and presentations.
- Reporting and measuring the results of communication campaigns.
- A post-secondary degree in a related field (e.g. communications, public relations, marketing)
- Fluently bilingual (English and French)
- Experience in researching, writing and editing communication documents for various audiences. These might include but are not limited to presentations, communication plans, news releases, backgrounders, speaking notes, fact sheets, media lines, media responses, media analyses, brochures, articles, scripts, blog posts, or social media messages.
- Experience in monitoring and managing content for social media.
- Experience in developing social media strategies and campaigns and measuring their success.
- Prior experience working in the agriculture or agri-food sector would be an asset.
- Prior experience in graphic design would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Creative, self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision.
The position is based in Ottawa, Ontario and requires occasional travel. Competitive salary and benefits package will be based on the candidate’s experience. Please send letter of interest and CV to email@example.com by September 18, 2020.
There are also tremendous opportunities in the agricultural sector. Please visit www.AgCareers.com to find out more.