Weekly Supply and Demand for Canadian Hogs
5 National Findings for the week ending July 4, 2020
- Canadian market hog slaughter is up 3.9% YTD
- Canadian sow & boar slaughter has increased 15.5% YDT
- Isowean continue to move to the US, up 4% YTD. Formula contract and cash sale prices averaged $25.80 and $5.01 respectively.
- OMAFRA and MNP have calculated June losses for F-2-F between --$42 / pig and --$50 / pig.
- US carcass dressed weights have lighten 5 lbs since the 2020 high at the beginning of June, this week weighing 214 lbs.
Click here to read the report updated July 13, 2020